Our program centers on the belief that children learn through play. Through teacher directed and free play activities each child will have many opportunities to discover and learn about the world. Our curriculum is theme based with developmentally appropriate activities offered daily in the following “hands-on” learning centers:
- Creative Art Table and Easel – activities help develop a child’s fine motor, pre-writing skills, creativity and self-esteem.
- Science and Math Table – “hands-on” sorting, counting and discovery.
- Block Area – physical science, balance, spatial awareness and social development activities.
- Writing Table – a place to develop pre-writing skills with a variety of writing tools, paper and friends.
- Dramatic Play Area – a fun place to pretend play while working on social skills, language and self-esteem.
- Library/Language Area – a quiet center to explore a book or play with a flannel or magnet board activity.
- Water/Sand/Discovery Table – an ever-changing place for “hands-on” discovery science and social development.
- Manipulative Table – a center that offers everything from play-doh to stringing beads, to puzzles; all designed to build fine motor muscles and develop math concepts.
- Large Muscle Play – daily large motor play on our outdoor equipment or during music movement. These activities help develop balance, hand/eye coordination, spatial awareness and build self-esteem.
For the child who is ready for…
- Socialization Activities
- Art projects and other activities to improve fine motor skills
- Music movement activities
- Group activities designed to improve listening and communication skills
- Introduction to colors, shapes, and numbers
- Storytelling, songs, and fingerplays
4 Year Old Program
Promotes readiness for kindergarten through additional…
- Cutting and gluing
- Games and readiness activities
- Introduction to the alphabet
- Pre-writing, phonics, beginning sight words
Through weekly devotions, daily prayer, and Christian example each child will become aware of Jesus’ love in his/her life. Catholic teachings will be presented in ways a young child can understand. Bible stories, our church building, the saints, and prayer are some of the topics we will explore. Age appropriate service projects allow the children to experience faith in action. We believe nurturing your child’s beginning faith is our greatest responsibility.